Monday, April 23, 2012

Lovely Flower Pillowcase For A Homey Country Quilt

Hello Again!

Friends of mine are getting married this summer, and I thought I would get a head start on their pillowcases as I constantly seem to be finishing projects like this last minute. I searched their wedding registries and I found the quilt that they requested-it is a darling quilt with green, blue, and purpley tones in a homey country style. It has little flowers in all the small blocks, and I thought of this pattern that I found a few months ago.
Here is the "P" after I sketched it onto the pillowcase.
 
I am thinking of doing a sort of candlewicking with it. Candlewicking is where part of your embroidery is roughly the same color as the fabric you are working with, and the other part is bold, brilliant color. It is gorgeous and really pops. I am, in this case, making the "P" what pops, and the vine flower white like the case. 
Here are my supplies. :) Small hoop, scissors, floss, and the ever-useful reusable gallon bag! I store all of my smaller projects in these as they are very easy to keep neat and stash in my bag. :)
As you can see from the picture the "P" will be a nice deep green with an olive temperament. I am excited to finish this! It will be an enjoyable project. 


Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment