Friday, April 1, 2011

Redo, Refurbish, Reuse!

I have decided to expand my blog! Besides reading and writing, I love to sew and embroider. For this new section~Redo, Refurbish, Reuse!~ I will be "recycling" clothing to make it more chic and interesting. 

I started with a knitted pullover sweater in a lovely peach color that was a little large and needed some fixing up. I cut straight down the middle of it, using the point of the v-neck as a guide. Then I cut off the ribbed border at the bottom and attached some lace to it-This will end up being a tie for the sweater.
I felt that since the sweater was a solid color that the cream lace would add a nice touch.
Next, I pinned the front of the sweater with the unfinished part folded twice so it wouldn't unravel. I intentionally took a significant amount of it and folded it over so that the sweater will lay open an inch or two-as shown.

Having it lay this way will really show off the belt, which will tie right in the middle, and it will also show off whatever you are wearing underneath. 
This is all I have so far, but the rest will be coming soon!!!!!!

~Alexis

2 comments:

  1. Very crafty. I love upcycling clothing that you wouldn't wear otherwise. Looking forward to seeing other posts.

    ReplyDelete