Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ode To A White Page

If you are like me, the first thing you want to do in a book-store is stuff your nose in a book and breathe deeply of paper, ink, and glue. These three things make up a book, but pen to paper comes first. In front of me I have a blank page waiting to be written on, but what do I write? Of course I want to write something meaningful, something insightful, but how do I do that?
I suppose I could start with the title of this blog. Well Red. There are three things you can discern from this: 1) I can't spell (Which in this case isn't true because the title spelling is intentional). 2) I read A LOT. and 3) (The least obvious one) I have red hair, so I stuck it in the title as a play on words. Well, now you know!
So after some thought I dedicate this blog firstly to books, reading them, writing them (who knows?), and reviewing them.
Here's what I'll do to start out. First I will read a book and post insights for those who are reading them for the first time. Then I will review the whole book. Feel free to send me your suggestions!
We'll start with some of my favourites.
And, (Just so you know) I am fascinated by authors who don't write in the world they are living in, in other words, fantasy writers. I believe it takes talent to invent a "world", so I have quite a few fantasy books on my list.

Here is a list of my FAVORITE titles: (You can read them too, if you want.)
The Hiding Place (I am currently reading this one, and it is amazing!)
Rose Daughter
The Two Princess of Bamarre
Redwall
Ella Enchanted
A Girl of the Limberlost
Mossflower
Fairest
Goose Chase
The Hobbit
Chasing Vermeer
The Black Pearl
Password to Larkspur Lane
The Secret of the Forgotten City
Jane Eyre
Island of the Blue Dolphins

Well, I think that is enough to start with, don't you?
As I said, feel free to suggest books! I love to read new things!

Bye for now,
Alexis

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read your writing here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very interesting! I look forward to reading your insights on your books of choice. We have Chaing Vermeer. Katy has read it and the next 2 in the series bu Balliet. If you would like to borrow them you may. I am currently reading a biography about Eleanor Roosevelt-quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way did you notice the (s) missing in Chasing and a (u) instead of a (y)) in by? These mistakes were not a play on your comment about not being able to spell. They are due to me typing too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! Mrs. K, I understand how that is! Happens to me too. :)

    ReplyDelete