Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bird Mobile for Baby

Well, Readers, I have the cutest project to show you all! It is an adorable baby mobile made from sticks and little stuffed birds. (When I mean little, I guess I mean about six inches long.)



My good friends from Florida, who used to babysit me and my sisters just had babies! I am so excited for them, and for the little girl I made this mobile. I found a different bird pattern to use for the little boy mobile, which I will take pictures of later. 
I found this project lighthearted and fun, and the only trouble I had with it was getting the faces of the birds to look the same every time. :) I think they all look a little bit different. ;) It can be our secret. 



All in all, it was lovely to make the birds, but the coolest part for me was finding a stick to put the birds on for the final product. I ended up using this "curly stick" that comes from some tree or bush in a couple that goes to our church's backyard. My mom likes to make flower arrangements, and the couple thought the sticks would add some neat texture and interest. Well, they certainly did in my piece!!! I LOVE the sticks, and I LOVE how God makes His creation so wonderfully interesting! 

That's it for now!
Alexis

1 comment:

  1. They really are adorable! I can't wait to see the little birdies -- that was the pattern I picked out. You did a wonderful job on these tweeties and I'm sure that the little babies will love watching them twirl!

    ReplyDelete