Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reflection on Seasons

Good Afternoon!
I am loving winter, but I miss summer wedding season! :) This is a design that I considered for a simple monogram pillowcase I was commissioned to make. I am not totally sure this is the design I ended up using, though, because I took this picture so long ago! Hopefully, I will be able to get a picture from my commissioner. Readers, make a point to take pictures of the gifts you give away! It is so nice to look back and see the work you have done-and then it can inspire you with new designs. :)
As I was saying, I love winter, and it has given me an opportunity to work on a small afghan and my crewel embroidery piece that I posted about previously (see Jacobian Pomegranate Take 2). I will definitely be posting pictures and posting soon about those projects!
Meanwhile, some tips for monogram design. I like to find a font that I like and then I customize it to fit the personality(ies) of the person(people) I am making it for. Sometimes this includes adding a special design around the outside of the monogram (flowers for a gardener, pink or blue designs for a baby girl or boy, etc. The sky is the limit!) and other times it is designing the letters myself. A helpful tip for finding the personality of your commissioner-their wedding/baby/etc. registry at a store! The registry will also give you guidelines on color and can often supply inspiration for designs. I really enjoy personalizing my monograms. :)
Hopefully I can get pictures of my craftiness up soon!
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment