Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day: Spreading God's Love


The stack of cards. It kept growing!

This was a highlight of my month. My Junior Optimist Club decided to show God's love to the community by making Valentine's Day cards for the residents at two local nursing homes. I hosted a "valentine-making party" and the fun of creating beautiful designs began! We had oodles of supplies: embossing tools/glitter, stamps, fun paper, cards and envelopes, and of course, people to enjoy the time with!
Abi, decorating one of her cards. 
One of the lovely cards! I wish I had gotten pictures of more of them!
I was so excited as cards began stacking on our little bar area. Every single card was an expression of creativity and beauty! I loved the different designs the girls who came thought of. I wish I had more pictures so that I could praise their work in much more detail. :)
As a shout-out to them: Thank you again for coming! I relished the time we spent together preparing to share God's love with the residents of the nursing homes. When I delivered the notes (After I placed scripture verses inside) the smiles on their faces were so inspiring. I hope we can continue doing things like this for them!
Rachael, pasting paper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment