Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sparkling Adornments



I finally uploaded some pictures of the other two necklaces I made as gifts this Christmas. When I make jewelry I like to have some interesting, unique element to draw interest.

For the necklace with the whimsical peacock the interesting piece is the little beads with wire artfully wrapped around them. I spotted them in the store and instantly knew they would go perfectly with the pendant I picked out. That is one reason I cannot go shopping too often at craft stores. I will always find something that is "perfect for this!" or "perfect for that!" and I will spend WAY too much money. :)

When I made the gold necklace I was going for sophisticated, but stylish. I was browsing the beads to find gold tones and I found these super cute beads with wire "netting" around them. The beads themselves were not as nice as the others I found, but with the wire "netting" you can't hardly tell. :) I exuberantly went to the checkout counter after this outing, let me tell you!

More posts are imminent!
Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment