Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quirky Octagons~"Project UFO's"

Here is how much I have completed of my blanket! A whole row and a half. It took me such a long time to connect the pieces and change yarns for each little side.

I HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL OUT.


Let's let that sink in a little bit.

ALL OF IT. IT HAS TO BE REDONE.


Can you believe it? After all my work, I must painstakingly remove each square from its octagon and each octagon from its square. Why? Because I have never put together anything like granny squares, and the front must look like the back, but when I sewed the pieces together it left the bottom with a ridge and the top with a slight pucker. I am sure I puckered my lips into a bit of a pout when I heard this. After all, it was a lot of work. However, if I fix it, it will be an extraordinary accomplishment. :) So, here I go to take out my work. See you all in the future.

1 comment:

  1. It will be worth it -- your shapes are exquisitely done! :D

    ReplyDelete