Friday, March 30, 2012

The Not-So-Nifty-Knitter and the Magic of Crotchet

Have you ever used a "Knifty Knitter"? This is what it says on the package:
Well, I can definitely say that it was a new experience in knitting. I had this incredibly cool yarn that was really hard to make anything with, and when I spotted the "Knifty Knitter" in one of our craft drawers I thought, "Hey! That looks like it will work with my yarn! It doesn't involve twisting yarn with needles and all I have to do is wrap and pull! This will surely make a great slouchy hat that I can wear in public!"
It was not to be.
Here, though, is my enthusiastic start. I actually took a picture!
You can kind of tell that the yarn has a little bit of sparkle and is multi-colored in this photo. 
Let's just say that after a few rows I looked in the booklet at the hat pictures and they were...ugly...
Change of plans!!!!!!
After I ripped out the few rows that I had done, I "googled" 'crotchet slouchy hat pattern' and came up with this: Slouchy Hat. (Thank you bloggers!) It was a good end to an interesting beginning. 
For the actual construction life went smoothly, and I was able to finish the hat in just under three hours! 
Here is my sis modeling the hat with her wonderfully curly hair. :)
Lovely!
I am extremely pleased with how this turned out, and I am excited to keep crafting! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment