Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Flowers for Spring

I love to crotchet, even though I don't get to do it very often. :) I made a crotchet flower for my friend's Birthday, and I have pictures of all the steps for you!
This is the yarn-it has these awesome little fuzzies coming off of it that look fabulous in the flower.

This is the "Flower" when it is almost completed. (It only has three rows so it is quick and fun to make)

A close-up of the stitching.
Final product with a nice brown button inside to add a pop of color and to highlight the cool brown fuzzies.

The second flower I made for my friend is out of sateen ribbon that I had folded and sewn for a dress I was making. However, I ended up using a darker brown color instead of this "sweet caramel". All I did was roll it up and sew it with an embroidery needle! On the back of both flowers I hot glued a piece of felt and a little brooch pin to make it professional and easy to put on and wear. :)
Isn't it lovely and elegant?

1 comment: