Thursday, April 28, 2011

Peace, Love, and ALL THAT ROCK AND ROLL

I just had a thought~Pithy titles are coming easier to me. YIPPEE!

The school year is coming to a close, and everyone is turning in final pieces of homework. The youth population of America lets out a big sigh of relief: Ahh, summer is almost here! 
To celebrate the end of the year, we are having a decades party! 60's, 70's, and 80's: Here we come!
These decades are great for costumes and I am wavering between two styles: A "hippie" dress from the 70's and a Madonna/Cindi Lauper. 

The Hippie Dress will probably look something like this:
Well, I don't think you can see that... So more like this:
(There we go)

I am going to make it out of a knit fabric that has large leaves on it. I think the effect will be charming. :)

Then, for the Madonna/Cindi look:


If I went this direction it would be toned down quite a bit-but it would be a cute costume that would nod its head to the 80's style. 

I'll post pictures when the final costume is decided!!!


Try something adventurous today~you might find you like it. :)

~Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment